485 carthage street
485 Carthage Street, Cameron, North Carolina 28326
The Old Hardware Antiques
Dewberry Deli & Soda Fountain
This property is on the National Register of Historic Places, formerly known as the Phillips Hardware ca, 1920. The building was originally built as a Ford Automobile Agency and was subsequently used as a hardware business and mule auction center. The hardware business was carried on by J. A. Phillips, Jr. until about 1960. It was reclaimed and restored in the 1979 as an antiques mall. The one-story with basement is a brick structure and has a false para-pet front.The side elevation had six bays on the ground level, which now serves as access to the Dewberry Deli and Soda Fountain. The front façade contains two large bays on either side, with a ten-light transom. A recessed door-way with large display windows and double doors serves as the main entrance to Old Hardware Antiques. It also has a ten-light transom. To the west of this entrance is a single door topped with a three –light transom. The interior contains a pressed tin ceiling. Cameron is known as the Antique capital of the Sandhills and once the Dewberry Capital of the world. In May and October 10,000-12,000 visitors descend on Cameron for its antique fairs which features about 350 antique dealers.
*An inventory list will be provided to potential buyers and may be purchased via Bill of Sale at closing.
8/14/2018 12:00:00 AM
10/6/2018 6:25:01 PM