This unique property is a prime undeveloped parcel of land located at mile 4 of the Corozal-Consejo Road, near the village of Consejo on the northern coast of Corozal Bay. The Consejo property is just an hour-and-a-half drive from the Philip Goldson International Airport of Belize, or a short drive from Corozal's regional airport. It is strategically located near the Mexican city of Chetumal (capital of Quintana Roo state). This parcel is totaling 969.86 acres. This parcel of land offers enormous potential and reflects the character of Belize celebrating the natural beauty of our region with 12,000 ft of Linear beachfront. The property is unique for the area because of the large acreage between the main road and the ocean, encompassing sufficient space for a modern, creative planned unit development. There is accessibility from two sides land and ocean. It is one of the last remaining major pieces of undeveloped land in the area and consists of prime space for a development that could feature a major destination for tourism, as well as a fabulous retirement community with full services enjoying Caribbean Vitality and color year-round . The property neighbors the Corozal Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, home to endangered species such as the west Indian manatee. Additionally, the 300-square mile boater's playground that is Corozal Bay/Chetumal Bay offers many recreational opportunities and acts a natural buffer against hurricanes. The distance by water to the famous Leonardo DiCaprio island of Blackadore is 34.5 miles by water and 29 miles by air. Ambergris Caye is a famous tourist destination and is easily accessible by boat and air.
Located at Mile 4 of the Corozal-Consejo Road, near the village of Consejo, on the northern coast of Corozal Bay
Belize is serviced by daily flights from several North American markets, and direct flights from Europe are anticipated in the near future.The “Consejo” property is just an hour-and-a-half drive from Belize’s International Airport, or a short drive from Corozal’s regional airport.
Strategic location near the Mexican city of Chetumal (capital of Quintana Roo state) creates opportunities for advantageous sourcing of utilities and provides leverage in rate negotiations
- Property/Development Overview
- · One parcel totaling 969.86 acres, comprising 354 individual land titles
- · 2.26 miles of beachfront on Corozal Bay
- · 237 residential lots, including 15 beachfront lots, 21 private large residential/beachfront lots, 58 golf course residential lots, 13 golf course/beachfront lots, and 112 canal and waterway lots
- Marketable features
- · 18-hole championship golf course
- · full-service marina
- · Three distinct swimming areas
- · Parks and flex event center
- · Destination spa
- · Recreational centers and clubs
- · Commercial and retail areas
- Water Resources
- · Testing of two wells recently drilled on the property shows ample fresh water to meet or exceed estimated needs for both irrigation and domestic consumption, thus eliminating the need for supplementary desalinization
- · The raw water sampled has been found to be hard, however still ideal for irrigation and non-consumption uses. Potable water can be produced through treatment of the raw water stream to reduce hardness and then distributed via a separate system.
- · Water samples retrieved from four sites in Corozal Bay show excellent water quality with no significant coliform or E. coli bacteria.
- Archaeological Assessment
- · Belize Valley Archaeological Reconnaissance commissioned in March 2008 (Dr. Jaime J. Awe, PhD)
- · Study confirmed several sites of historical significance, but none that will impede development
6/13/2019 3:15:24 PM
6/13/2019 3:15:24 PM